Hurricane Zeta has increased in strength and forward speed and is now expected to impact southeast Louisiana around 3-4pm with category-2 strength winds of up to 100 mph.
WWL-TV in New Orleans is providing live coverage all day long as the storm approaches, hits and departs the area.
The main concern in the metro area is high winds which could down trees, send objects flying and causing power outages.
This will be the fifth named storm to strike Louisiana this hurricane season. A record in recorded history.
Upstate News Headlines
- Anderson deputies search for missing juvenile
- Top secret: Biden gets access to President’s Daily Brief
- Venables sees young roster developing down stretch
- Williams happy to deliver big hit, make bigger impact on field
- Greene thankful for Clemson opportunity, has big plans ahead
- Took some time for Davis to get ‘mojo’ back against Pitt
- Mellusi patience paying off into bigger role
- Elliott says Tigers controlled line of scrimmage against Panthers
- Euphoria Hosting Making Our Mark Benefit Dinner at Stella’s Brasserie
- Some Upstate farmers see a shortage of Christmas Trees this year