California resident Maxwell Fleming captured video of his friend Ryder jumping into the Pacific Ocean near the Channel Islands to take a swim with what they thought was a basking shark after they spotted it swimming close to their boat. After a few seconds, Ryder has misgivings and tries to make his way back to the boat.
Fleming too begins to panic and believes the shark might actually be a great white! They later got to inspect it further and came to the conclusion that it was a basking shark after all.
Upstate News Headlines
- Electric scooters could be coming to Spartanburg. Here’s where you’d be able to ride
- Community Thanksgiving distribution event
- Child shot while sitting in parked car
- Rising Star Chef Ashleigh Shanti Exits Benne on Eagle
- Congress should cancel its Thanksgiving recess and pass another stimulus bill
- AstraZeneca says its coronavirus vaccine can be around 90 percent effective
- Winter Weather Thoughts #11 – Massive Changes to the Forecast
- Thanksgiving Week: Things to Do This Week in Greenville & The Upstate
- Eastside High School Hosting 29th Annual Taylors Turkey Day 5-Can Run
- Co-creator of the Ice Bucket Challenge, Patrick Quinn, dies