If you’re looking for a light and simple pasta dish, Giada has you covered.
Get the recipe: https://foodtv.com/2Fk81ic
Subscribe to Food Network: http://foodtv.com/YouTube
Spaghetti with Lemon and Zucchini
RECIPE COURTESY OF GIADA DE LAURENTIIS
Total: 40 min
Active: 35 min
Yield: 4 servings
1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, plus more for the pasta water
1 lemon, thinly sliced and seeds removed
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 shallots, sliced
2 cloves garlic, smashed and peeled
1/4 cup capers, drained
1 teaspoon anchovy paste
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
4 small zucchini (about 2 pounds total), halved and sliced 1/3-inch thick
1/2 pound spaghetti
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
1/2 cup fresh basil, roughly chopped or torn
1/2 cup fresh dill, chopped
1 cup crumbled feta or goat cheese
Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Season it generously with salt. Add the sliced lemons and blanch for 30 seconds. Using tongs, remove the lemons to a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Dry well.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil and heat another 30 seconds. Add the shallots and garlic to the skillet and season with 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cook, stirring often with a wooden spoon, until fragrant and beginning to brown slightly, about 2 minutes. Add the capers, anchovy paste, red pepper flakes and the blanched lemon slices and cook, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon to dissolve the anchovy paste and brown the lemons, for another 2 minutes. Add the zucchini and remaining teaspoon salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until parts of the zucchini turn deep brown while some parts remain al dente, about 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, add the pasta to the boiling water and cook for 2 minutes less than package directions, about 8 minutes. Add 1/3 cup pasta water to the skillet with the zucchini and stir to deglaze. Use a pair of tongs to remove the pasta directly to the skillet. Sprinkle the bare pasta with the Parmesan and toss well to coat the pasta with the zucchini sauce. (Some of the zucchini should have gotten rather soft, which helps to create a silky sauce.) Add another 1/2 cup pasta water if needed to maintain the sauce. Top the pasta with the herbs and feta and serve.
Subscribe to our channel to fill up on the latest must-eat recipes, brilliant kitchen hacks and content from your favorite Food Network shows.
FOOD NETWORK KITCHEN APP: http://foodtv.com/FNKApp
FULL EPISODES: https://watch.foodnetwork.com
Upstate News Headlines
- Jaime Harrison: ‘Lindsey Graham Is In Trouble’ In South Carolina Senate Race
- Three Greenville Deputies Sent to the Hospital After Incident following a traffic stop
- McConnell says any Pelosi-Mnuchin deal would get Senate vote
- 3 Greenville County deputies injured during traffic stop, at least one hit by vehicle, deputies say
- Coroner:1 dead after incident that left 3 Greenville Co. deputies hurt on I-85 in Greenville County
- Black officers break from unions over Trump endorsements
- Grand jurors can talk publicly about Breonna Taylor case, judge rules
- Man on the run in Newberry County after hitting couple in head with pistol, tying them up, deputies say
- Canton Police say one person was shot following altercation at a Burger King
- Greenville County deputies search for missing girl