Part of the nature of fast food is that the menus change constantly, and it’s not uncommon for discontinued items to suddenly develop intense fan followings once they are no longer available. Here are some discontinued fast food items that have made major comebacks over the years.
If you are a child of the ’90s who grew up on a steady diet of sugar-laden fast food, you might’ve been obsessed with Burger King’s original Cini Minis. Cini Minis are exactly what they sound like: a four-pack of miniature cinnamon rolls, complete with a sidecar of frosting that was more or less a straight shot of sugar. This dessert-for-breakfast was initially released in 1998, a time when, according to a Burger King press release, one-third of consumers ate breakfast in their cars. The original Cini Minis were developed exclusively for Burger King by Pillsbury and baked fresh daily at participating stores.
In a 1998 commercial, which featured Minnie Riperton crooning about just how swoon-worthy these little morsels were, Burger King advertised Cini Minis as being the best part of a cinnamon bun, where you get pure cinnamon swirl encased in light, fluffy dough smothered in frosting. They weren’t wrong.
After Cini Minis were discontinued in the early 2000s, fans began begging Burger King to bring them back. In 2018, their wishes finally came true. The product was re-released in partnership with GrubHub, and customers could opt to receive a free box of Cini Minis if they ordered at least $10 worth of delivery. Sadly, they were only available for a limited time, and they’ve not been available since 2018. Keep watching to see more of these Discontinued Fast Food Items That Made An Epic Comeback.
Burger King’s Cini Minis | 0:00
Wendy’s Taco Salad | 1:20
Pizza Hut’s P’Zone | 2:09
Wendy’s Spicy Chicken Nuggets | 2:58
McDonald’s Szechuan Sauce | 3:38
KFC’s Chicken Littles | 4:39
Hardee’s Original Roast Beef | 5:36
Taco Bell’s Beefy Crunch Burrito | 6:39
Bojangles’ Pimento Cheese | 7:40
Krystal’s Country-Fried Menu | 8:27
Wendy’s Baconator Fries | 9:30
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- A volunteer was attacked by a tiger at Carole Baskin’s Big Cat Rescue
- Among first acts, Biden to call for 100 days of mask-wearing
- Greenville Hospitals have staff shortage
- Ski resorts opening across US
- Townhomes to replace Norris Ridge apartments in Spartanburg
- Second stimulus checks: McConnell says ‘compromise is within reach’
- 50th annual Holiday Fair returns to Greenville Convention Center
- New diversified businesses flock to Anderson Co., bringing hundreds of jobs
- 4 killed in several Upstate crashes Wednesday