Social Distancing is a shared experience that we all are dealing with in unique and varied ways. We thought if would be interesting to see how people across the Upstate are handling this situation and get their outlook on things going forward.
Today we talk with Jennifer Lucas of The Bohemian Cafe.
If America is the great melting pot, then The Bohemian has the ultimate American menu! We offer authentic dishes from around the world, including the best in steaks, seafood and vegetarian items, all hand-prepared with the highest quality ingredients. The lunch menu features both signature items and classic favorite sandwiches and salads, with daily soup and seafood specials.
Call 864-233-0006 Tuesday – Saturday for easy full menu pickup.
- What has surprised you most about Social Distancing?
We have always known that we were surrounded by a wonderful community, their generosity is really shining now.
- Do you see Social Distancing having a lasting effect or do you see this as a temporary phase that will be unlikely to affect the way we live and interact longterm?
Everything is always changing, hopefully we are all using this time to learn and implement better habits that have a lasting positive impact.
- What’s the first thing you plan on doing once this is all over?
We cannot wait to go offshore to fish once the boat ramps open in Charleston. I guess that would be considered social distancing, but it is something that we currently cannot do.
- What’s your favorite way to cope with Social Distancing?
Before, Chef Kevin and I would go to the gym after the kids would head off to school. Now we walk our street before having coffee on the patio and watch the birds visit the feeders, the chickens roam the yard and the dogs make their rounds.
- Has your view on what’s essential changed over the past few weeks?
Our success is dependent on our patrons and team members, without them physically here its a very sad state of being. We are thankful to see friendly faces curbside, but we can’t wait to have exuberant life back in the building.
- Tell us about your organization or business and how we can help promote what you are doing during this challenging time.
At The Bohemian Cafe we are taking togo orders for curbside pickup and delivery within a 5 mile radius of the restaurant. We are open from 11-8pm Tuesday- Saturday and 11-2 on Sunday.
We have teamed up with Promotions Unlimited and Greenville Strong to help support other small businesses in our area.
- Learn more at http://www.thebohemiancafe.com
Together with Fete Magazine and GVLMedia, iOnGreenville will be sharing this new 5 Questions Series as a way to hear from a few of the voices that make Greenville a great place. We will also be using this space to help people easily support our local organizations these people represent.
More Articles in This Series
Upstate News Headlines
- Festival of Trees Returns to Downtown Greenville
- Greenville School district moves forward with attendance plan
- Upstate school districts continue to monitor COVID-19 cases
- Winter air moves into the mountains
- South Carolina State Parks Announces 12 Days of Deals
- The 50 Best Albums of 2020
- Upcountry History Museum: White Christmas Open Now
- ZF Transmission looking to hire more than 200 people for Gray Court plant during job fair on Tuesday
- Greenville South Carolina 2020 Christmas Event Calendar
- Police: 1 person killed, 2 others injured following 7 shootings in Asheville over holiday weekend