Social Distancing is a shared experience that we all are dealing with in unique and varied ways. We thought if would be interesting to see how people across the Upstate are handling this situation and get their outlook on things going forward.
Danny Joyner is a Greenville native and an alumnus of Furman University. Danny is the President & CEO of Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices C. Dan Joyner.
- What has surprised you most about Social Distancing?
How difficult is it to not shake someone’s hand or give someone a hug. I feel so impersonal not being able to greet someone the way I was taught.
- Do you see Social Distancing having a lasting effect or do you see this as a temporary phase that will be unlikely to affect the way we live and interact longterm?
No, I see it as temporary. I feel like for the most part people want to be around others. The world has always existed this way and I think it will continue to.
- What’s the first thing you plan on doing once this is all over?
Going to a restaurant, I’m sick of cooking.
- What’s your favorite way to cope with Social Distancing?
Video happy hours and video meetings.
- Has your view on what’s essential changed over the past few weeks?
I used to take going somewhere like going to the grocery store or pharmacy for granted, now I don’t.
Together with Fete Magazine and GVLMedia, iOnGreenville will be sharing this new 5 Questions Series as a way to hear from a few of the voices that make Greenville a great place. We will also be using this space to help people easily support our local organizations these people represent.
More in this Series
- Upstate Quarantine: 5 Questions With Morgan Allen Executive Director at euphoria
- Upstate Quarantine: 5 Questions With LiveWell Greenville’s Sally Wills
- Upstate Quarantine: 5 Questions With John Malik
- Upstate Quarantine: 5 Questions With Lindsey Fulcher
- Upstate Quarantine: 5 Questions With Sheila Merck
- Upstate Quarantine: 5 Questions With Mayor Knox White
- Upstate Quarantine: 5 Questions With Bohemian Cafe’s Jennifer Lucas
- Upstate Quarantine: 5 Questions With Stephen and Cheryl Kraus
- Upstate Quarantine: 5 Questions With Grey Thompson
- Upstate Quarantine: 5 Questions With Mack Cross of Gather GVL
More Articles You Will Enjoy
- Thanksgiving Week: Things to Do This Week in Greenville & The Upstate
- Greenville Calendar: Today’s Things to Do in the Upstate
- 2020 Upstate South Carolina Christmas Parade Calendar
- 3 Great Ways to Give Back: Thanksgiving 2020 in Upstate South Carolina
- Clemson and Florida State Comment on Today’s Cancellation
- This Week Features Some Great Live Music in the Upstate
- Single Game Tickets are ON SALE NOW for Swamp Rabbits Hockey
- Upstate Museums Team Up For a Special Holiday Pass
- The Second Annual Upstate Music Awards Season Starts Now
- Greenville Food Truck Calendar
Upstate News Headlines
- Weather Outlook: Upcoming Potential Very Cold and Snowy Pattern in Early December
- How to Make Our Easier Roast Turkey and Gravy
- Local businesses prepare for Black Friday
- Heat lamps in high demand for outdoor dinning due to pandemic
- Trump team requests recount of Georgia’s presidential race
- South Carolina schedules execution but doesn’t have drugs
- Golden Strip School of Music opens in Greenville
- Reward offered for “armed and dangerous” duo suspected in disappearance of missing man, deputies say
- Hundreds of Anderson County families show up for drive-thru turkey distribution