“This article was originally published on Humorism, a newsletter about labor, inequality, and extremism in comedy. Subscribe here to get posts like this in your inbox.
Netflix’s latest comedy offering begins with a racist, xenophobic monologue pinning the Covid-19 pandemic on China and Chinese people. In the first episode of
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Central Texas businessman arrested after allegedly entering the Capitol during riot
- Hot-shooting Auburn wallops South Carolina 109-86
- Brad Brownell Comments on Clemson’s Loss to Florida State
- Videocast: Frosty Start Sunday
- Body found near Henrietta St. in Greenville Co.
- Professional bull riding returns to Greenville
- Body found in wooded area near Upstate detention center, coroner says
- First case of UK COVID-19 variant found in Carolinas, health officials say
- Spending more on DoorDash and UberEats? This fee may be why
- Capitol attack reflects US extremist evolution over decades