British singer/songwriter Westerman has shared a new single “Waiting on Design” ahead of the release of his debut album Your Hero Is Not Dead, out June 5 via Partisan/Play It Again Sam. The album is a follow-up to Westerman’s 2018 Ark EP.
“Waiting on Design” follows the singles “Think I’ll Stay” and “Blue Comanche.” The song begins bright yet sparse, with animated shapes rotating and morphing in the accompanying video. Eventually, the music meets Westerman’s vocals, and the result is a chill but catchy tune.
“I was thinking about the absurdity of the self, and how nobody wants to look at themselves from the perspective of the people they hurt,” Westerman says. “What’s interesting to me about storytelling isn’t necessarily the stories themselves, but the mutual connection that comes from people’s understanding of what’s being conjured by that story.”
Westerman has moved back certain tour dates—primarily European shows—due to the COVID-19 pandemic. As of right now, he plans to begin touring on July 20 in Washington, D.C. and finish in Berlin on October 25. All tickets for postponed shows are still valid for the rescheduled shows.
Listen to “Waiting on Design” below, and watch Westerman play “Confirmation” at Paste’s NYC studio back in 2018. Scroll down for Westerman’s upcoming tour dates, and preorder Your Hero Is Not Dead here.
Westerman Tour Dates:
20 – Washington, D.C. @ DC9
21 – Philadelphia, Pa. @ Johnny Brenda’s
22 – Brooklyn, N.Y. @ National Sawdust
23 – Boston, Mass. @ Great Scott
25 – Toronto, Ontario @ The Garrison
28 – Chicago, Ill. @ Sleeping Village
30 – Los Angeles, Calif. @ Masonic Lodge at Hollywood Forever Cemetery
31 – San Francisco, Calif. @ The Independent
03 – Seattle, Wash. @ Barboza
05 – Vancouver, B.C. @ Fox Cabaret
20 – London, U.K. @ Hoxton Hall
19 – Paris, France @ La Boule Noire
25 – Berlin, Germany @ ACUD
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Jimmy Fallon's former penthouse home and all of its quirky features can be yours for $15 million
- Elon Musk lost $27 billion last week
- Greenville Co. deputies trying to corral bull on the loose
- Calls grow for New York Gov. Cuomo to quit from top state lawmakers
- Man charged with deadly stabbing after being wanted in AMBER alert, officials say
- Notre Dame tops Tigers 3-2 on Sunday
- Brawl Breaks Out at Bath & Body Works Between Employees and Woman
- South Carolina baseball wins 10th straight game to start the season
- South Carolina defeats Georgia to win SEC Championship, 67-62
- 17-year-old shocked when she learned she was offered more than $1 million in college scholarships