Social Distancing is a shared experience that we all are dealing with in unique and varied ways. We thought if would be interesting to see how people across the Upstate are handling this situation and get their outlook on things going forward.
Together with Fete Magazine and GVLMedia, iOnGreenville will be sharing this new 5 Questions Series as a way to hear from a few of the voices that make Greenville a great place. We will also be using this space to help people easily support our local organizations these people represent.
- What has surprised you most about Social Distancing?
I already worked from home so I thought this would not be a big deal. Boy, was I wrong. I truly miss being able to choose when I’m around people. I miss my friends.
- Do you see Social Distancing having a lasting effect or do you see this as a temporary phase that will be unlikely to affect the way we live and interact longterm?
Social Distancing will have a semi-lasting effect through the end of the year. By then either society has changed or there’s a vaccine coming.
- What’s the first thing you plan on doing once this is all over?
Get a designated driver to take me to Hans & Franz Biergarten for many, many Warsteiners. Hopefully, a bunch of friends will also be there.
- What’s your favorite way to cope with Social Distancing?
Two new favorite things – talking to my dog and listening to birds chirping. I might be slowly losing my mind.
- Has your view on what’s essential changed over the past few weeks?
TP and paper towels are at the top of the list of newly essential things. It’s not just that I need toilet paper – I need Scott’s TP. This Charmin stuff is crap, so to speak.
- Tell us about your organization or business and how we can help promote what you are doing during this challenging time.
fête is a weekly online magazine about the arts, music and culture of Greenville, SC.
- Learn more at https://fetegreenville.com
More Articles You Will Enjoy
- Greenville Calendar: Today’s Things to Do in the Upstate
- Preview Home Team BBQ Coming to Holland Park in Greenville SC!
- Greenville County School Update: Covid-19, In-Person Classes and The End of the Snow Day?
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Weekend Upstate Live Music Calendar
- Greenville Tops State For New Covid-19 Infections Thursday
- Greenville & Upstate South Carolina Breweries Offer Great Socially Distanced Holiday Fun
- 2020 Upstate South Carolina Christmas Parade Calendar
- Top Things to do in South Carolina This Winter
- Food Truck Calendar
Upstate News Headlines
- The Latest: Trump presses Ga. gov. to overturn vote result
- A teacher who turned his home into a PPE factory during the pandemic was honored with a new car
- Americans projected to spend $99 billion on their pets in 2020
- Massachusetts family discovers naked man breaking into home
- Greenville deputies investigate stabbing incident
- South Carolina Sets Daily Record for Covid-19 Infections: December 5th
- DHEC: New confirmed cases in SC near closer to 3,000 on Saturday, 10 counties report triple digits
- Lion Cub Trying To Roar Is The Cutest Thing Ever
- Trump Money Raised For Election Recount Going To Campaign Debt, New Political Committee
- Behind the Scene Secrets From The Holiday Classic Elf