July was an especially bad month for restaurant closures, as many operators of restaurants new and old, independent and corporate threw in the towel after mounting expenses and increasing uncertainty. This week on the podcast, we invited three editors from across the country to discuss venerable and iconic restaurants in their cities that have closed and the meaning of their loss.
Robert Sietsema talks about La Caridad 78, one of the last vestiges of the Cuban-Chinese restaurant scene in New
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Lady Gaga's 2 French bulldogs recovered safely
- Officer shot near high school basketball game in New Orleans dies
- ‘To me it’s just a number’: McDonald's worker celebrating her 100th birthday, requests birthday cards
- FBI identifies suspect in death of Capitol Police Officer Brian Sicknick, sources say
- FDA panel greenlights Johnson & Johnson coronavirus vaccine
- VIDEO: Mom jumps in river to save son during sledding incident in Tenn.
- Man gets nearly 20 years for Colorado synagogue bomb plot
- Upstate native brings filmmaking talent back to his hometown
- VIDEO: Texas woman who received $9,300 electricity bill files class-action lawsuit
- Slight increase in COVID-19 vaccines coming to SC, DHEC says