National culinary star Kwame Onwuachi has resigned as executive chef at Kith/Kin, the high-end Afro-Caribbean restaurant on D.C.’s Southwest Waterfront. Onwuachi announced he was leaving the restaurant in an Instagram post today, then sent Eater a joint statement on the news from himself and the InterContinental hotel that housed Kith/Kin in the Wharf development.
At Kith/Kin, Onwuachi explored his family’s roots in Nigeria, Jamaica, Trinidad, and New Orleans through cooking that traced the routes of the African diaspora. He made
Upstate News Headlines
- Cute Puppy and Baby Monkey| Ban Sit Suggest Fruit From Lyly Bela
- Bobcat vs. Rattlesnake! Angeles National Forest.
- Over 25 million have already voted, but this is what pollsters expected: Nate Silver
- How Does Early Voting Affect The Forecast? And Other Listener Questions. l FiveThirtyEight
- The Sun Belt Could Decide Control Of The Senate l FiveThirtyEight Politics Podcast
- Seniors are breaking for Biden, COVID-19 might be why: Nate Silver
- Hurricane Epsilon Bermuda and 50 Foot Waves From Caribbean Disturbance
- Warming today with low humidity
- Deputies in Anderson County say 2 people were shot inside a car
- Minority and small business grants now up for grabs