2020 was a year unlike any other, to put it lightly, and its effects will assuredly still be felt in 2021. That’s particularly true when it comes to what and how people eat. From boxed wine to ghost restaurants, expect to see these food trends gain popularity in 2021.
In October 2020, Whole Foods published a report predicting the trends that’d be taking over the world of food in 2021. One of the trends the company suggested is a rise in popularity for a range of new oils among at-home chefs. These include walnut and pumpkin seed oils.
According to Healthline, walnut seed oil has a number of health benefits: it’s good for your skin, helps lower blood pressure, improves cholesterol levels, and may even have anti-cancer effects. Pumpkin seed oil can have a positive effect on your skin, heart, and prostate; is said to ward off depression; and may even relieve some of the symptoms of menopause.
It won’t all be fancy alternative oils in 2021, though. According to Food Business News, 2021 will also see olive oil reach news heights of popularity. Food trend forecaster Elizabeth Moskow said elenolide, a component in olive oil with anti-hypertensive and anti-inflammatory properties, as well as tyrosol], a compound that protects against neurodegenerative diseases, are particularly attractive to health-conscious eaters.
Keep watching to see Food Trends That Are About To Take Over 2021.
Alternative Cooking Oils | 0:00
Upcycled Food | 1:10
Hard Kombucha | 2:06
Plant-Based Meat | 2:57
Plant Jerky | 3:49
Boxed Wine | 4:40
Copaiba | 5:45
Ghost Kitchens | 6:37
Meal Kits | 7:30
Gut-Friendly Food & Drink | 8:31
Healthier Habits in General | 9:24
Read Full Article: https://www.mashed.com/278004/food-trends-that-are-about-to-take-over-2021/
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Clemson vs. Florida State Men’s Basketball Highlights
- 7,181 new COVID-19 cases reported in NC Saturday, 122 deaths
- NC 98 reopens in Durham County after major crash
- First case of COVID-19 variant reported in NC
- RAW VIDEO: Scene of crash that closed NC 98 in Durham County
- Republican Congressman Caught Trying To Carry Gun Onto House Floor
- Greenville’s Oak Hill Cafe Hosting 18 course Taste of Japan Dinner
- 33 missing kids found during operation in L.A. County: FBI
- Troopers: passenger killed in collision after pickup driver ignored traffic signal near Clinton
- Alleged Capitol rioter planned to leave country through Logan International Airport