New Orleans chef Isaac Toups remembers the very first time he made pickles. He was young and with his dad, and they went with a double-dill (meaning brined twice) that called for brown sugar and hot sauce. Toups recalls his father proclaiming that he’d invented the recipe but, according to Toups — considered by many the chef at the forefront of a new generation of Cajun chefs — “Cajuns have a funny way with the truth.”
Origin story aside, this
Upstate News Headlines
- Assault suspect on the run after fighting, biting deputies, sheriff's office says
- DHEC releases new COVID-19 cases, deaths for Oct. 27, 2020
- How the pandemic is contributing to your insomnia
- DHEC: 755 new COVID-19 cases, 19 more deaths on Tuesday in SC
- SUV driver crosses center line on Upstate road, killing motorcyclist, troopers say
- 49 more sex crime charges filed against former SC university police officer, SLED says
- Proposed natural gas pipeline in northern Greenville County has residents concerned
- Motorcyclist dies in a fatal collision along Old Furnace Road in Spartanburg Co.
- Kushner says Black people must 'want to be successful'
- 'Massive' coral reef taller than the Empire State Building discovered in Australia