The Yankees announced DJ LeMahieu and Luis Cessa tested positive for COVID-19, and are recovering at their homes. The Twins’ Miguel Sanó and Willians Astudillo also tested positive.
Two members of the Yankees—DJ LeMahieu and Luis Cessa—have tested positive for COVID-19.
Four members of the Twins, including third baseman Miguel Sanó, and two Red Sox pitchers are also among the MLB players who have tested positive.
The Twins announced Saturday that Sanó, catcher Willians Astudillo and minor leaguers Edwar Colina and Nick Gordon tested positive ahead of summer camp. Sanó and Astudillo are asymptomatic and under quarantine in Minnesota.
Both LeMahieu and Cessa gave the Yankees permission to release the news of their positive tests, per Inside the Pinstripes’ Max Goodman, and are self-isolating at their homes.
Also in the American League, Boston manager Ron Roenicke revealed left-handers Josh Taylor and Darwinzon Hernandez contracted the virus and are in quarantine away from the team.
The announcements from both teams come after Braves
Upstate News Headlines
- DHEC warns SC at ‘pivotal point’ as state sees highest single-day spike in new virus cases yet
- District: Chase ends with burglary suspect’s arrest on an Upstate school’s property, disrupting dismissal
- TL Hanna apologizes after some parents were upset that they were not able to buy first batch of state championship tickets
- Clemson announces plan to offer COVID-19 testing to community this month
- 72-year-old Lexington SC woman dead after being shot in the face
- Polk County Deputies: Traffic stop turns into drug bust after short struggle with suspect
- Greenville Co. Schools declines rapid COVID-19 tests being offered by state, asks anyone who has symptoms to stay home
- Greenwood police: One injured in shooting on Phoenix St.
- US House votes to decriminalize marijuana at federal level
- Buncombe deputies searching for missing man