The Crossover staff debates if a late December start date is too soon.
As we inch toward the end of the year, the start of the next NBA season is still up in the air. A fair amount of star players are pushing the league to start the 2020-21 season on Jan. 18, according to Yahoo Sports’ Chris Haynes. Meanwhile, the NBA league office reportedly told the Board of Governors that Dec. 22 is the targeted start date for the 2020-21 season, according to The Athletic’s Shams Charania. The Crossover staff debates if a late December start date is too soon.
Since 2020 is such a backward year, I guess it’s fitting that I will answer this one backwards: Figure out when you want the Finals, and go from there.
The recent bubble Finals showed us that the crowded fall sports calendar is not the right time for the NBA
Upstate News Headlines
- Family mourns on birthday of Spartanburg teen killed in July 2020
- Trevor Lawrence on last game in Clemson: “There’s not many places like it”
- Meet Maxine “Big Momma” Davis. She just turned 100 and threw an axe to celebrate
- #1 Clemson vs Pittsburgh Highlights Plus Dabo’s Postgame Comments
- 1 dead, 14 injured following shooting at Aiken nightclub
- Tigers take out frustrations on Pitt in dominant Death Valley effort
- Troopers: Passenger killed in collision north of Easley
- Upstate Weather: Heavy Rain Arrives Sunday Night
- Upgrading Your Thanksgiving Leftovers (4 Ways)
- DHEC Announces Nearly 1800 Covid-19 Infections :: November 28th