CHARLOTTE — Safety Jeremy Chinn is inactive for Carolina’s Week 9 matchup at Kansas City.
A knee injury kept the rookie out of Wednesday’s practice, and he was limited on Thursday and Friday. He was questionable headed into Sunday, but the Panthers ultimately determined he’s unable to play in the matchup against the Chiefs.
With Chinn out, Carolina will turn to multiple players to fill his role since he plays all over in the defensive scheme.
“We’re just going to have to be smart with all the different things that Jeremy has done for us and utilize the people on our roster,” defensive coordinator Phil Snow said Thursday. “And we have some people that will fill in real well.”
Adarius Taylor will start in Chinn’s place at weakside linebacker.
- Venables sees young roster developing down stretch
- Williams happy to deliver big hit, make bigger impact on field
- Greene thankful for Clemson opportunity, has big plans ahead
- Took some time for Davis to get ‘mojo’ back against Pitt
- Mellusi patience paying off into bigger role
- Elliott says Tigers controlled line of scrimmage against Panthers
- The Day After: Teddy Bridgewater shoulders burden for his own play
- Panthers place Yetur Gross-Matos on reserve/COVID-19 list
- Snap Counts: Panthers at Vikings
- Breaking down how the Bucs can defeat the Chiefs in Week 12 | NFL Countdown
Upstate News Headlines
- Let there be Peace
- Doom Eternal Gets Release Date and Trailer for Nintendo Switch Edition
- New Coastal Plain League baseball team in Spartanburg announces team naming contest
- The Best Gacha Games to Play Today
- Anderson deputies search for missing juvenile
- Greenville County Schools to offer kindergarten and first grade enrollment Dec. 1-4
- Culinary Rising
- Top secret: Biden gets access to President’s Daily Brief
- Morning Star