CHARLOTTE — Starting left guard Dennis Daley has been ruled out of Sunday’s season opener with the Raiders after missing four straight practices with an ankle injury.
Veteran offensive lineman Michael Schofield will start in Daley’s place. Schofield has started 66 career games, including 32 over the last two seasons for the Chargers. That gives him some familiarity with the Raiders’ defense.
“He’s had a good camp, so we’re very excited to have him go out there and play,” Rhule said.
Cornerback Stantley Thomas-Oliver III (hamstring) and defensive end Stephen Weatherly (hamstring) are questionable for Sunday’s contest. Weatherly was a limited participant in Friday’s practice, but Rhule expects Weatherly to play though he realizes the defensive end’s hamstring could tighten.
“There’s always a level of concern,” Rhule said. “He’ll give us as many snaps as he can.”
- Trevor Lawrence Test Positive For Coronavirus. Will Miss Several Weeks
- Clemson Football: Boston College Preview
- Curtis Samuel talks about his big plays in New Orleans
- Matt Rhule describes Christian McCaffrey’s first practice back
- Matt Rhule gives update on Christian McCaffrey’s status
- NBA Draft Trades, Free Agency, and 2021 Start Dates with Kevin O’Connor | The Bill Simmons Podcast
- Reactions to College Football Ranking of Top 25 Teams: #1 Clemson #2 Alabama #3 Georgia…
- Dabo Swinney post-practice Wednesday
- ‘Trevor Lawrence is NOT staying at Clemson!’ – Paul Finebaum | First Take
- Week 8 Final Injury Report: Russell Okung doubtful for TNF
Upstate News Headlines
- Seth Meyers Takes a Closer Look at Trump’s “Campaign Against Reality”
- Woman says 6-year-old to blame for loaded gun hidden near Disney entrance
- US election 2020: Trump and Biden hold dueling rallies in Florida – live
- Trevor Lawrence’s Positive COVID-19 Test Throws Status for Notre Dame Showdown Into Doubt
- Thousands still without power after trees take down power lines in Northern Greenville County
- Analysis: Terror in France reignites a national debate on the right to offend
- Police who shot Wallace were improperly trained, family says
- Atlanta’s Charles Harris Ejected After Unsportsmanlike Hit on Teddy Bridgewater
- Federal appeals court rules mailed ballots must be received by Election Day in Minnesota
- Daily coronavirus cases reached a new high on Thursday with more than 87,100 cases