The Washington Football Team moniker might remain into next season.
The Washington Football Team could begin next season with its temporary name, recently hired team president Jason Wright said in an interview with WJLA.
“There’s a pretty good chance we will be the Washington Football Team next season,” Wright said in the interview, which aired on Tuesday.
In mid-July, Washington’s NFL team announced it would call itself the “Washington Football Team,” effective immediately, as it worked to figure out a new name to adopt at a later date. On July 13, the team said it would “retire” its old nickname after facing criticism and pressure from sponsors.
“I think next year is fast because of how the brand has to come together through uniforms, through approval processes through the league,” Wright said.
“We could get there quicker, it’s actually pretty hard to get there that quickly because of all the steps that need to
Upstate News Headlines
- Family mourns on birthday of Spartanburg teen killed in July 2020
- Trevor Lawrence on last game in Clemson: “There’s not many places like it”
- Meet Maxine “Big Momma” Davis. She just turned 100 and threw an axe to celebrate
- #1 Clemson vs Pittsburgh Highlights Plus Dabo’s Postgame Comments
- 1 dead, 14 injured following shooting at Aiken nightclub
- Tigers take out frustrations on Pitt in dominant Death Valley effort
- Troopers: Passenger killed in collision north of Easley
- Upstate Weather: Heavy Rain Arrives Sunday Night
- Upgrading Your Thanksgiving Leftovers (4 Ways)
- DHEC Announces Nearly 1800 Covid-19 Infections :: November 28th