Voter suppression and whether Democrats could turn some key states “blue” if suppression tactics weren’t successful.
RELATED: As Arizona, Texas and Georgia become less white, voter suppression could keep these states from turning blue https://bit.ly/3j3xF8y
USA TODAY’s Nicquel Terry Ellis discusses voter suppression in Georgia, Texas and Arizona and whether those states could be Democratic wins if it weren’t for the long lines and closed polling places. Also, Nicholas Wu talks with Phillip M. Bailey about the confirmation hearings before the Senate Judiciuary Committee for Supreme Court nominee Amy Coney Barrett, and Nancy Pelosi defending her choice to not take a deal offered by Trump and Republicans for more coronavirus stimulus.
We ask viewers about what they want to know about the 2020 candidate’s platforms, and answer a question from a viewer about data privacy policies and the regulation of Big Tech.
USA TODAY Washington Bureau chief Susan Page returns to the show to discuss whether the final presidential debate will provide any clarity to the thin slice of undecided voters in America, and whether dueling town halls better serve the voters than another official debate.
» Subscribe to USA TODAY: http://bit.ly/1xa3XAh
» Watch more States of America: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLlvHlI3rc2tOWyzVtETTZ2jD8Tvwbe28s
» USA TODAY delivers current local and national news, sports, entertainment, finance, technology, and more through award-winning journalism, photos, videos and VR.
Upstate News Headlines
- Essential Winter Fashion Tips for Men
- Wisconsin confirms Joe Biden as winner following recount
- DHEC announces latest COVID-19 testing locations for the Upstate
- South Carolina Adds 1174 New Covid-19 Cases as Percent Positive Rate Rises to 18%
- Snow Has Begun to Fall Across the North Carolina Mountains
- What to Know Before Moving to Greenville South Carolina
- NC reports highest number of coronavirus hospitalizations
- Georgia Republican officials reject Trump’s calls to overturn election results
- Denver Downs holding social distancing-friendly drive-in movie screening of ‘Polar Express’
- Deputies: 2 suspects face charges in killing of missing man, kidnapping of woman who was able to escape