EDMONTON, Alberta (AP) Alex Tuch scored 4:44 into overtime, Jonathan Marchessault had two goals and the Vegas Golden Knights beat the Colorado Avalanche 4-3 on Saturday to earn the No. 1 seed in the Western Conference.
The Golden Knights will face Chicago in the first round of the playoffs. The second-seeded Avs take on Arizona.
”We came here to take care of every challenge ahead of us. We did a good job,” Marchessault said. ”We wanted the first seed after the round robin and we got it done. So I think it’s pretty positive. We’re really happy where our game is at as a team.”
Tuch scored the winner on a shot over the shoulder of Avalanche goaltender Philipp Grubauer. The Avalanche tied the game with 1:02 left in regulation when J.T. Compher poked in the puck.
Marchessault scored in the second period and again early in the third when he was
Upstate News Headlines
- Police departments in multiple states report emergency call service outages
- Andy Reid Is an Unstoppable Magician
- Nomadland Is a Melancholy Story of Resilience and the American Work Ethic that Seeks Little Accountability
- Putna helps Real Salt Lake keep pace with Minnesota United
- Beric, Herbers lift Chicago Fire past Atlanta United, 2-0
- President Trump went even further than other uber-rich figures to shrink taxes
- Upstate city council approves racial equity resolution
- Family devastated as second member dies from Covid-19 complications
- No title
- No title