Despite a disapproval rating of about 50 per cent, Donald Trump told loyalists in North Carolina that there is only one person, past or present, more popular than himself: the son of the Christian god.
“Someone said to me the other day, ‘You’re the most famous person in the world by far.’ I said, ‘no I’m not.’ … They said, ‘Who’s more famous?’”
Even though some polls show his predecessor, Barack Obama, and his wife, Michelle Obama, are among the most popular people in the United States, Mr Trump said he ranks second – ever.
Upstate News Headlines
- The Merge Records Roster Covers Georgia Bands to Raise Money for Stacey Abrams' Fair Fight
- The Funniest Tweets of the Week
- Former Marine, fiance trying to move forward after their houseboat sank
- Greenville Law Enforcement hold 20th annual Eric Nicholson Blood drive
- DHEC outlines vaccine plans
- T.L. Hanna addresses state championship ticket issue
- Upstate radio station hosts toy drive
- Greenville County Schools declines rapid COVID-19 testing kits
- Man charged for September homicide
- South Carolina sees highest daily COVID-19 spike since pandemic began