Too often, the drummer toils away behind his kit, keeping the band in the pocket and the music on time. Anonymity is an occupational hazard.
North Carolina’s Darren Jessee – long time drummer for Ben Folds Five – has broken that mold. While he has spent much of the last decade driving the rhythm for Sharon Van Etten, The War on Drugs, and Hiss Golden Messenger, Jessee has also been writing and performing his own songs. He serves as singer and guitarist for his project Hotel Lights, and his latest solo record, Remover, which drops on October 16th, follows his well received 2018 release, The Jane, Room 217.
Remover continues Jessee’s reputation as a songcrafter of the highest pedigree – heartwrenching, evocative, and introspective are descriptors often used to describe his work – and Trail Mix is happy to be featuring “Getting Back To It Now” this month.
Upstate News Headlines
- Newberry County home invasion
- Health Care Workers Describe Treating Covid-19 Patients Six Months Into Pandemic | NBC News NOW
- LIVE NOW: Clemson Football hosts Syracuse. Big Ten Football Starts Season.
- ESPN College Football Rankings [FULL] | Top 10 Teams #1 Clemson #2 Ohio State #3 Alabama
- Paul Finebaum Top 4 teams NCAA: Clemson, Alabama, Georgia, BYU
- Horizon Records Plans Low-Key Record Store Day Drop3 for this Saturday
- Ranking Popular Halloween Candy From Worst To First
- We Finally Know Why Five Guys’ Milkshakes Are So Delicious
- Discontinued Fast Food Items That Made An Epic Comeback
- McDonald’s Tricks You Fall For Every Single Time