HARRISBURG, Pa. — Pennsylvania is halting school sports and other extracurricular activities, ordering gyms, theaters and casinos to close and banning indoor dining at restaurants in response to the worsening pandemic.
A day after telling Pennsylvanians of his own COVID-19 diagnosis, Gov. Tom Wolf announced the widely expected clampdown Thursday.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Georgia soldier arrested in terror plot
- Georgia teen imprisoned overseas for breaking quarantine returns home
- Frustrations grow over Georgia’s mismanagement of COVID-19 vaccine
- Record rate of Covid-19 deaths continues in Georgia
- Trump says goodbye to the White House, vows to ‘be back in some form’
- Rocky’s Hot Chicken Shack opens in Greenville
- Worst Cooks winner charged in Simpsonville toddler’s death
- Wofford College going virtual for 2 weeks after COVID-19 spike
- SC Hospital Association defends vaccine distribution
- How Joe Biden has kept late son Beau with him as he becomes president