Are you eager to leave the bustle of NOVA and spend a romantic weekend exploring scenic roads, trails and a cozy downtown with your sweetie? If you love to wander with your love, we have just the road trip for you. Plan a drive through Shenandoah National Park along the Skyline Drive and make your grand finale weekend in Waynesboro before you head home.
Route Section #1: Skyline Drive
The magnificent Skyline Drive stretches 105 miles from Front Royal to Waynesboro along the Blue Ridge Mountains through Shenandoah National Park. Download the park’s app for maps of trails, campgrounds, waystops, and locations of the more than 70 overlooks offering chances to stop and admire views of the Shenandoah Valley and the Virginia Piedmont.
Where to Eat
There’s no better place to enjoy a romantic picnic than on the top of the world, and you’ll find wayside food stops every
Upstate News Headlines
- Syracuse vs. Clemson Condensed Game | 2020 ACC Football
- Syracuse vs. Clemson Football Highlights
- DHEC releases latest information on COVID-19 cases, deaths in state
- Firefighters on scene at residential fire in Pendleton
- Nebraska man hits jackpot twice in one year
- Future Zeta Likely to Strike the Central Gulf Coast & Bring Rain to the Upstate Next Week
- 2020 election may see a surge in young voters
- Upcoming Extreme Pattern
- Clemson fans decide if Trevor Lawrence stays or goes