Last week’s riot on Capitol Hill was filled with hate symbols: nooses, confederate flags, violent graffiti symbols. Ivette Feliciano spoke with civil rights lawyer and founder of the Equal Justice Initiative, Bryan Stevenson, about the racial implications of the riot, how moments like this reverberate for people of color, and what history can tell us about how to approach these challenging times.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Thousands of students dropped out of school due to COVID-19. Here are some educators trying to track them down
- Watch: Construction worker shot at, carjacked
- Video shows man accused of killing officer kicked out of casino for not wearing a mask
- Why was a 1993 speeding ticket just now applied to man's record?
- Here are The US Travel Restrictions By State: Quarantine And Covid 19 Testing
- Lower Richland road renamed to honor former legislator
- Doctors support bill that makes birth control more accessible in SC
- One year later, SC nursing homes nearing full vaccination
- Columbia mask ordinance remains in effect
- Which frontline workers are eligible for the vaccine in South Carolina’s Phase 1B?