SPARTANBURG, S.C. — By unanimous votes of the league’s Council of Presidents and directors of athletics, the Southern Conference is canceling all athletics-related activities for the remainder of the 2019-20 academic year, including competition, championships, organized practices and meetings, due to the ongoing threat of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic, Commissioner Jim Schaus announced Wednesday.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- South Carolina Reports 3,567 New Cases as DHEC Gives COVID-19 Vaccine Update
- Inaugural poet Amanda Gorman: 'Even as we grieved, we grew.'
- Vice President Harris: A new chapter opens in US politics
- LIVE: Biden sworn in as America's 46th president, Harris becomes first female VP
- Carolina prisons get first wave of COVID-19 vaccine doses
- US Surgeon General Jerome Adams asked to step down by Biden team
- ‘Tiger King’ Star Joe Exotic Expected Pardon From President Trump, Books Limo
- SCEL: No Tuesday winner, Mega Millions jackpot now up to $970 million
- The Latest: Biden calls on Americans to overcome divisions
- Read the letters outgoing presidents left for their successors in the Oval Office