The South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control released the state’s latest coronavirus numbers as of Tuesday. DHEC says they are still experiencing an internal systems issue that is causing the data to reflect lower numbers. The data will be updated once the issue is resolved.
DHEC reports 4,673 new confirmed cases of COVID-19 and 42 additional deaths in South Carolina. This makes the total number of confirmed cases in the state 332,990 with 5,402 total deaths.
Greenville reports 782 new cases. Click here for a summary of cases by county.
DHEC says they received 17,245 test results from the latest period, which produced a percent positive rate of 27.1%.
According to DHEC, 114,970 coronavirus vaccine doses have been administered in the state so far.
For the latest information regarding COVID-19 in the Palmetto State, visit scdhec.gov/covid19.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Lawmakers work on new COVID vaccine rollout
- U.K COVID-19 mutation found in N.C.
- Prisma Health: Vaccine supply ‘extremely low,’ not taking walk-ins at Upstate SC vaccination sites
- U.S. Marshals arrest Spartanburg bank robbery suspect in W.Va.
- Cherokee Co. Council discusses turning elementary school into jail annex
- South Carolina Reports 2736 new Covid-19 Cases Monday
- Greenville Drive Hosting Blood Drive February 5th
- New Podcast Examines COVID-19 on Furman campus and political polarization in the student body
- Take your sports and streaming binges to new heights with a home theater projector
- Former Upstate teacher charged in child's death has teaching certificate suspended