A South Carolina police officer was killed in a crash New Year’s Day, according to officials.Sgt. Gordon William Best, with the North Myrtle Beach Public Safety Department, was responding to a call in Barefoot Resort around 4 a.m. when he lost control of his vehicle on the wet roadway, city of North Myrtle Beach spokesperson Pat Dowling said.(Video above: Morning headlines) Best was 30 years old.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- What’s next for former VP Mike Pence?
- Some businesses to offer incentive to employees to get COVID-19 vaccine
- Clemson Drops 2nd Game in a Row
- Experts warn of internet hackers stealing personal information through increased email usage
- SC elected official reflecting on historic day
- Upstate teacher, students miss Inauguration for first time in years
- DHEC holds meeting to bring light to vaccine questions
- U.S. surpasses 400,000 COVID-19 deaths one year after first diagnosis
- SC lawmakers considering bill that would require high-stakes testing this spring
- Georgia Gov. Kemp to give COVID-19 update later today