HARRISON, N.J. (AP) Eric Sorga scored in stoppage time, Chris Seitz had four saves and D.C. United beat the New York Red Bulls 1-0 on Wednesday night to snap a six-game winless streak.
Sorga, a 21-year old from Estonia making his fourth MLS appearance, ripped a right-footer from outside the area that slipped between the post and the out-stretched arms of diving goalkeeper Ryan Meara in the eighth minute of stoppage time.
Seitz, making his second consecutive start in the place of Bill Hamid (personal reasons), had his first shutout of the season. Seitz allowed four goals in a lopsided loss to Philadelphia on Saturday.
The Red Bulls (3-4-2) are winless, with two losses, in their last three games.
D.C. United (2-4-3) was coming off back-to-back losses.
Upstate News Headlines
- Tuesday Shout-Out: A Day Trip to Saluda, NC
- President Trump, Joe Biden make dualing pitches to Midwest in final leg of campaign
- California braces for more fire danger from winds
- Bomb at seminary in Pakistan kills 7 students, wounds 112
- Seth Meyers Takes a Closer Look at How Trump Has Given Up on the Coronavirus
- 'Need has never been greater,' United Way of the Piedmont runs Thanksgiving food drive
- Analysis: Barrett’s confirmation triggers prime time GOP celebration
- Family of Greenville nightclub shooting victim speaks out
- 90,000 people told to evacuate because of wildfires in Southern California
- British study shows evidence of waning immunity to Covid-19