Those looking to fly to Florida without breaking the bank will be in luck later this year.
Silver Airways is expected to announce three new routes from Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport (GSP) to Orlando (MCO), Jacksonville (JAX) and Tampa (TPA). All are nonstop and will be available twice a week, starting with routes to Orlando on March 18, routes to Jacksonville on March 19 and routes to Tampa on March 21.
A press conference at GSP is scheduled for Tuesday, January 19.
Rates start at $88.99 for a flight to Orlando. The airline has not yet stated if that rate will be consistent with flights to Jacksonville and Tampa as well.
Tickets are already available for sale on Silver Airways mobile website, although computer users will have to wait for the tickets to be available on the airline’s traditional desktop website.
Passengers going to Orlando will fly onboard an ATR 72-600, while Jacksonville and Tampa flights will use the ATR 42-600.
Founded in 2010 with assets from the now-defunct Gulfstream International Airlines, Silver Airways is a regional airline serving the United States with headquarters in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. It has 18 airplanes in its fleet and serves 28 destinations.
The new routes from Silver Airways makes it the sixth airline to serve GSP. Current airlines serving the airport include Allegiant Air, Delta Air Lines, Southwest Airlines, United Express, Delta Connection and American Eagle.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Latest South Carolina COVID-19 report from DHEC
- Upstate firefighter killed in crash on way to work, coroner says
- NC Governor removes modified stay-at-home order; lifts some other restrictions
- COVID-19 antibodies may protect against reinfection later, study suggests
- Reports: Federal Reserve investigating disruption to multiple banking services
- Video Captures Greenville Zoo’s New Baby Giraffe’s First Steps Outside
- Prisma Health Launches Mobile Vaccination Units Across South Carolina
- Family rifts seem on the rise. Here's why they happen and how to cope
- Greenville’s Fluor Field Host Venue Crawl This Sunday
- Settlement reached in lawsuit after teen is hit, killed by pickup truck