Senate Republicans are set to confirm Amy Coney Barrett to the Supreme Court, giving President Trump his third appointment in just four years. West Virginia Senator Joe Manchin was one of the few Democrats to meet with Barrett. He spoke to CBSN’s “Red & Blue” anchor Elaine Quijano about his opposition to her nomination, the state of the coronavirus pandemic in his home state, and the future of renewable energy in coal country.
Upstate News Headlines
- South Carolina Adds 1174 New Covid-19 Cases as Percent Positive Rate Rises to 18%
- Snow Has Begun to Fall Across the North Carolina Mountains
- What to Know Before Moving to Greenville South Carolina
- NC reports highest number of coronavirus hospitalizations
- Georgia Republican officials reject Trump’s calls to overturn election results
- Denver Downs holding social distancing-friendly drive-in movie screening of ‘Polar Express’
- Deputies: 2 suspects face charges in killing of missing man, kidnapping of woman who was able to escape
- Deputies: Missing person deceased, suspects charged and arrested in Rutherford Co.
- DHEC: SC sees 1,174 new virus cases, 27 more deaths Monday
- Arizona Secretary of State Katie Hobbs certifies general election results