WASHINGTON (AP) — The Senate has opened a rare weekend session as Republicans race to put Amy Coney Barrett on the Supreme Court.
Their goal is to cement a conservative majority before Election Day despite Democratic efforts to stall President Donald Trump’s nominee.
Democrats are planning time-consuming procedural hurdles, but
Upstate News Headlines
- Hurricane season officially ends but not over just yet
- The St. Francis Foundation 35th Annual Festival of Trees Starts December 1st
- Festival of Trees Returns to Downtown Greenville
- Greenville School district moves forward with attendance plan
- Upstate school districts continue to monitor COVID-19 cases
- Winter air moves into the mountains
- South Carolina State Parks Announces 12 Days of Deals
- The 50 Best Albums of 2020
- Upcountry History Museum: White Christmas Open Now
- ZF Transmission looking to hire more than 200 people for Gray Court plant during job fair on Tuesday