The South Carolina Dept. of Education will discuss reopening schools and vaccines for educators in South Carolina.
- 682 our of 1266 SC public schools are meeting face to face
- 553 are in hybrid schedule
- 31 are fully virtual
- CDC guidance will be urging all schools to reopen for in-person learning
- Two resolutions are in progress to provide vaccinations for teachers and school personnel
- SC Department supports educators and want teachers to have immediate vaccine priority
- CDC guidance says vaccinated teachers would not have to quarantine if exposed to Covid-19. This would alleviate staffing issues.
- From a recent survey, there are 122,876 educators and staff in SC with an average age of 43 years old. 70,973 of these people want the vaccine. 8,000 private school staff want the vaccine.
Watch the Briefing
- How To Throw Away a Face Mask
- Prisma Health Vaccine Task Force Dispels Four Common Covid-19 Vaccine Myths
- Greenville CVS Pharmacies Showing Available Covid-19 Vaccination Appointments Tuesday
- Covid-19 in South Carolina: April 22 Update
- All South Carolina Residents 16 and Older Can Schedule Covid-19 Vaccine Starting March 31st
- North Carolina to Offer Covid-19 Vaccine to All Residents 16 and Over April 7th
- South Carolina health officials release latest COVID-19 update for March 25, 2021
- Georgia to open Covid-19 Vaccine Eligibility to Everyone 16+ Starting Thursday
- Why you can’t compare Covid-19 vaccines
- Greenville CVS Pharmacies Showing Open Covid-19 Appointments Sunday