CHARLOTTE – Legendary Panthers linebacker Sam Mills was a finalist for the Pro Football Hall of Fame for the first time last year, and has taken another step toward returning to that discussion Tuesday.
Mills was one of the 25 semifinalists named for the Class of 2021 after preliminary voting by the Hall’s selection committee.
Making the final 15 was a significant step for Mills last year, in his 17th year of eligibility.
He was recognized for his leadership of a dominant defense in New Orleans, along with his work building the foundation of the Panthers franchise in its first three years. He also excelled in the USFL, earning his shot and eventually establishing himself as one of his generation’s top inside linebackers.
The list of 25 will be reduced to 15 in the coming weeks, and will be discussed and
- Play for a chance to win a trip to Super Bowl LVI, presented by Caesars Rewards
- 3 Ways Panthers Could Deal For Deshaun Watson
- Is this the largest wave ever ridden? Video shows surfer on 100 foot wave last week
- New Panthers general manager wants to be “in on every deal”
- Matt Rhule has final say, but looking to build relationship with new GM
- Jordan and Jake Recap: Checked all the boxes
- Saying Goodbye to Hank Aaron
- Furman Basketball Moves All ‘Weekends At The Well’ Games To Timmons Arena
- Baseball great Hank Aaron passes away at 86
- David Tepper reflects on long-term lessons of “exhaustive” GM search
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Here’s the Only DC Restaurant Trump Visited During His Presidency
- US sees highest weekly increase of COVID-19 cases in children since pandemic began
- New banner unveiled for victim of unsolved murder
- Greenville county coroner, police on scene near Greenville County Detention Center
- DHEC: 3,435 confirmed new COVID-19 cases, 63 confirmed deaths in SC as of Jan. 21
- FDA gives approval for syringes to extract an extra dose from vials of the COVID-19 vaccine
- South Carolina Reports 3,435 new Covid-19 Cases Saturday
- Got a package you didn't order? It could be a scam
- Greenville County deputies search for missing woman
- Trump shuns 'ex-presidents club' — and the feeling is mutual