Steve Nash is reuniting with his former Phoenix Suns head coach.
Mike D’Antoni and Ime Udoka are finalizing contracts to become assistant coaches on Steve Nash’s staff with the Nets, according to ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski.
D’Antoni coached Nash on the Phoenix Suns from 2004-08 and then from 2012-14 with the Lakers.
Last month, D’Antoni told the Rockets that he would not be returning as head coach next season. He finished his four years in Houston with a 217–102 record.
Udoka has spent time as an assistant on Gregg Popovich’s coaching staff with the Spurs.
Nash already has former Suns teammate Amar’e Stoudemire on his staff as an assistant coach focusing on player development. Jacque Vaughn, who served as the Nets’ interim head coach during the NBA restart in Orlando, was retained as an assistant when Nash was hired in September.
The upcoming season will mark Nash’s first season as an NBA coach.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Georgia Tech vs Clemson Basketball Preview
- Watch as Massive Waves Pound Hawaii: Biggest Surf in Years
- Zion Williamson 32 Points
- FBI monitoring potential threats ahead of Biden’s inauguration
- Pres. Trump commutes sentence of convicted Greenville bank robber
- More vaccine appointments open up as NC counties work to meet high demand
- North Carolina man arrested in Capitol riots
- To speed COVID 19 vaccinations South Carolina mulls limiting elective procedures
- Multiple Injuries After Crash On Carolina Border
- Extended highlights of Mizzou hoops win over South Carolina