The Toronto Blue Jays might be forced to play their home games outside of Toronto.
The Toronto Blue Jays have reached out to their Triple-A affiliate, the Buffalo Bisons, about possibly playing their home games in Buffalo this summer, according to the Buffalo News‘ Mike Harrington.
The Blue Jays are currently holding their workouts in Toronto, but while Canadian health officials provided the club for clearance for summer camp, the team is yet to obtain approval for regular-season games.
Toronto players are currently being quarantined at a Marriott hotel that is connected to the Rogers Centre.
The team’s spring training facility in Dunedin, Fla., appears to be another option for the club if it is unable to obtain clearance and play games in Toronto, though with COVID-19 cases spiking in Florida, that provides its own problems.
According to the Buffalo News, while the Bisons’ Sahlen Field is of major league quality, the stadium’s lighting
Upstate News Headlines
- President Trump, Joe Biden prepare to debate at a time of mounting crises
- Police departments in multiple states report emergency call service outages
- Andy Reid Is an Unstoppable Magician
- Nomadland Is a Melancholy Story of Resilience and the American Work Ethic that Seeks Little Accountability
- Putna helps Real Salt Lake keep pace with Minnesota United
- Beric, Herbers lift Chicago Fire past Atlanta United, 2-0
- President Trump went even further than other uber-rich figures to shrink taxes
- Upstate city council approves racial equity resolution
- Family devastated as second member dies from Covid-19 complications
- No title