The sixth annual Reedy Reels Film Festival was held over the weekend of June 4th and showcased over forty films of all genres. Of those forty films, over a dozen were honored at the traditional post-festival award ceremony. The list of winners can be found below.
- Best Ensemble Cast: Thumb War!
- Best Actor: John McGinty, Silent Notes
- Best Actress: Melissa Jackson, Hung Up
- Best Director: Bradley Hawkins, Calf Rope
- Best Student Film: Angora (Galen Cunningham, Hailey Roberts)
- Best Animation: Girl and Robot (Joe Loftus)
- Best Documentary: Invitation to the Dance (Sarah Shoemaker)
- Best Adult: Advice (Pat Battistini)
- Best Veteran: The Girl Who Wore Freedom (Christian Taylor)
- Best Comedy: The Mountains We Climb (Jeremy Camp)
- Best Women’s: Silent Notes (Kiki Tsakalakis)
- Best South Carolina: ProDogTV (Randell Owens)
- Best Short: Chasing Fletcher Allen (Jonathan London)
- Best Feature: Bryn Gets a Life (Cameron Logan)
- “Get Out of Greenville” (up-and-coming talent): Gunner Willis
- Celebrity Appreciation: Hoyt Richards
Greenville has had a hand in many productions and raised just as many prominent actors and actresses, but has never been truly hailed as a destination for film buffs. Reedy Reels Film Festival aims to change that by showcasing films and filmmakers from the Southeast and beyond.
“We put in a lot of hard work to make this festival a special experience for audience members and filmmakers alike,” said Mike Giordano, Director of Operations for Reedy Reels Film Festival. “This year’s festival was our highest grossing yet, and it’s thrilling to see all of that work pay off.”
About The Reedy Reels Film Festival:
Reedy Reels is an independent Film Festival in Greenville, S.C. promoting the appreciation of the art of film-making while generating support for independent filmmakers in the Upstate. The Reedy Reels Film Festival is a non-profit organization that supports the education and appreciation of filmmaking. Learn more at www.reedyreels.com or follow the festival on www.facebook.com/reedyreels.