(Chad Seger, of Asheville, was last known to have been in the Black Balsam area of Pisgah National Forest on Monday, Oct 12. (Photo courtesy of Haywood County Sheriff’s Office)
Rescue crews in Haywood County, N.C. are asking people to avoid a section of the Blue Ridge Parkway as they search for a hiker that was reported missing on Friday, October 16.
Chad Seger, 27, of Asheville, was last heard from on Monday, October 12, when he spoke briefly with a family member. His car was located Friday at the Black Balsam parking lot off of the Blue Ridge Parkway. Emergency Management officials are asking the public to avoid the Black Balsam area from Highway 276 and 215 as crews search for Seger. “We are handing out his picture to everyone that [we] see,” Director of Haywood County Emergency Services Greg Shuping told ABC 13 News.
Seger is an
Upstate News Headlines
- Lion Cub Trying To Roar Is The Cutest Thing Ever
- Trump Money Raised For Election Recount Going To Campaign Debt, New Political Committee
- Behind the Scene Secrets From The Holiday Classic Elf
- South Carolina State Parks Offering 20% off all Park Passports: Today Only
- Trump Admin Sat On Critical Data For Helping Reunite Kids Separated From Families
- Man shot woman in the face woman during fight over stray cats, police say
- Greenville’s Boys & Girls Club Working to Meet Increased Need in the Upstate
- Body Cam Video Shows Baltimore Police Officers Interrupting Active CVS Robbery
- South Carolina store requires people to remove masks
- South Carolina sets all-time record for coronavirus cases