1 of 7
Protesters watch on at Martin Place during a Black Lives Matter rally on June 2, 2020 in Sydney, Australia. This event was organized to rally against aboriginal deaths in custody in Australia as well as in unity with protests across the United States following the killing of an unarmed black man George Floyd at the hands of a police officer in Minneapolis.
PHOTO: Speed Media/Icon Sportswire
2 of 7
Graffiti artist Akse spray paints a mural of George Floyd in Manchester’s northern quarter on June 03, 2020 in Manchester, United Kingdom. The death of an African-American man, George Floyd, while in the custody of Minneapolis police has sparked protests across the United States, as well as demonstrations of solidarity in many countries around the world.
PHOTO: Christopher Furlong/Getty
3 of 7
Argentine socialist leader Celeste Fierro leads a march in central Buenos Aires, Argentina, on Tuesday, June 2, 2020, to protest against the recent killing of George Floyd by police officers in Minneapolis, that has led to protests in many countries and across the U.S. A few hundred people defied the mandatory lockdown imposed since March 20 to march in solidarity with U.S. protests over the killing of Floyd.
PHOTO: Victor R. Caivano/AP
4 of 7
Protesters shout slogans during a protest to decry the killing of George Floyd in front of the U.S. Embassy Branch Office, in Tel Aviv, Israel, Tuesday, June 2, 2020.
PHOTO: Ariel Schalit/AP
5 of 7
A woman holds a sign as protesters gather in Sydney, Tuesday, June 2, 2020, to support the cause of U.S. protests over the death of George Floyd while urging governments to address racism and police violence. Floyd died last week after he was pinned to the pavement by a white police officer who put his knee on the handcuffed black man’s neck until he stopped breathing.
PHOTO: Rick Rycroft/AP
6 of 7
People take part in a Black Lives Matter protest in Amsterdam, Netherlands, Monday, June 1, 2020, to protest against the recent killing of George Floyd, who was restrained by police officers on Memorial Day.
PHOTO: Peter Dejong/AP
7 of 7
People protest under the slogan Black Lives Matter rally outside the U.S. Embassy in Dublin, Ireland, Monday, June 1, 2020, following the death of George Floyd in Minneapolis. The recent killing of George Floyd in Minneapolis has led to protests in many countries and across the U.S.
PHOTO: Niall Carson/AP
Upstate News Headlines
- South Carolina Announces Latest COVID-19 Update for October 26th
- Zeta expected to gain strength, become hurricane today, impact Carolinas
- DHEC: 755 new COVID-19 cases, 20 more deaths on Monday in SC
- Coronavirus deaths are rising again in the US, as feared
- It's a boy — a big boy. White rhino born at Disney World
- Monday 10 am update: Tropical Storm Zeta soon to be a hurricane in Gulf
- McDowell Co. Sheriff’s Office: Traffic stop leads deputy to wanted federal fugitive, multiple drugs and a defaced handgun
- Anderson Co. deputies seek help identifying suspect involved in a shooting incident
- Laurens Co. Sheriff’s Office taking applications for Christmas for Kids program
- Oconee Co. Deputies arrest a Seneca man on charges of First Degree Burglary and Grand Larceny