Join the Peace Center outside at the TD Stage this summer to discover new music while lounging by the Reedy River and enjoying your favorite beverages. Tickets for the first two concerts go on sale to the public this Friday at 10 am.
An Evening with Jake Shimabukuro
Sun, April 19 • 6:30 pm • Lawn: $30 • Genevieve’s: $50
Jake Shimabukuro has challenged and changed all notions of what is possible with a ukulele. He first came to the world’s attention with his deeply beautiful and original take on George Harrison’s “While My Guitar Gently Weeps” in a viral video that dominated YouTube in 2005, and has since had three albums top the Billboard World Music Charts. With only four strings, he takes the ukulele to places no one has gone before and delivers performances around the world with an out-of-the-box blend of stunning virtuosity, deep musicality, and a natural entertainer’s flair.
Get Tickets and Learn More
Sat, June 20 • 7:30 pm • Lawn: $25 • Genevieve’s: $45
Sierra Hull hit more milestones in her early years than many musicians accomplish in a lifetime. After making her Grand Ole Opry debut at the age of 10, the Tennessee-bred virtuoso mandolinist played Carnegie Hall at age 12, then landed a deal with Rounder Records just a year later. In 2016, after a near-decade of consecutive nominations for Mandolin Player of the Year at the International Bluegrass Music Association Awards, Hull became the first woman to win the award—then claimed that prize again at the 2017 and 2018 IBMAs. Encompassing everything from bluegrass to folk-pop to ethereal alt-rock, her new album, 25 Trips, will be released February 28.
Peace Center Calendar of Events
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Urban League Sacramento President Cassandra Jennings reflects on life during Civil Rights Movement
- Video game 'Call of Duty' endowment helps 15,000 vets get jobs, notes more vets in need
- Tuesday marks first day since September South Carolina has reported under 500 COVID-19 cases
- Man uses hatchet to break jewelry case to steal several items at Greenville County business, deputies say
- 'It's truly a miracle': 25-year-old nearly dies three times during fight with COVID-19
- Doctors: More young people are needing liver transplants
- Here are the working plans for Upstate school districts concerning teacher/staff vaccinations
- At least 15 dead after multi-vehicle crash in Southern California
- 10 symptoms of spring allergies you shouldn’t ignore
- A California doctor performed surgery during a Zoom court appearance