North Carolina health officials reported a single-day record for new COVID-19 infections.
The Department of Health and Human Services reported 11,581 new cases, marking the first time North Carolina had over 11,000 cases in a single day. Also, hospitalization numbers are still high, currently, 3,871 people are being treated for COVID-19 statewide. The two-week positivity rate also climbed to 14%.
This data comes after two straight days with at least 10,000 new cases reported by NC health officials.
Saturday, several people got tested for COVID-19 at Friendship Missionary Baptist Church. Leaders with the C.W. Williams Community Health Center said people need to understand it’s still important to take the pandemic seriously.
“North Carolina has the highest amount of cases that we’ve ever seen since the start of the pandemic,” said Edana Holliday, Chief Operating Officer at C.W. Williams Community Health Center. “So no matter the COVID vaccine coming on board, it’s still imperative and important that you are in six feet of an individual you are wearing your mask.”
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- fête Greenville TV’s things to do – Jan 21 to 24
- Local Breweries Lead the Way for Live Music in Greenville & the Upstate
- Upcountry Provisions in Travelers Rest Starts Meal Sponsorship Program
- Georgia Tech vs Clemson Basketball Preview
- NOW: Coroner responding to death investigation scene on busy Greenville Co. road
- Watch as Massive Waves Pound Hawaii: Biggest Surf in Years
- Zion Williamson 32 Points
- FBI monitoring potential threats ahead of Biden’s inauguration
- Pres. Trump commutes sentence of convicted Greenville bank robber
- More vaccine appointments open up as NC counties work to meet high demand