As state health officials warn against large gatherings to ring in 2021, WCNC Charlotte has learned a local church is hosting a gathering that’s expected to bring out hundreds of attendees.
The United House of Prayer is hosting an event to honor the head bishop of the church.
Bishop CM Bailey, the leader of the entire House of Prayer franchise which is made up of close to 150 churches, is visiting the Beatties Ford Road location Saturday Jan. 2 and Sunday Jan. 3.
House of Prayer churches from all over the area are expected to bring in members in by the busloads.
“It’s going to be a large crowd It’s going to be at least 500 plus,” said a member who spoke anonymously and exclusively to WCNC Charlotte’s Billie Jean Shaw Thursday.
Back in October, the church on Beatties Ford Road hosted a week-long convocation event that drew thousands of members of the church from all over the country.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- 'Need to be cautious': SCEMD warns South Carolinians of COVID-19 vaccination scam
- A third of dogs purchased during the pandemic have never visited a park, new study finds
- 'Play Fortnite!': Singing superintendent gets help from his kids to cancel school
- Gas leak shuts down intersection of East Butler Road and Tanner Road, says fire chief
- Anderson County deputies pursuing car theft suspect
- Judge bars President Biden from enforcing 100-day deportation ban
- The Latest: US to buy 100M more doses of approved vaccines
- Upstate school district recommends $1,500 bonus check for all employees, officials say
- Watch Live: Biden speaks as global tally of confirmed coronavirus cases surpasses 100 million
- This recently discovered gemstone has an uncanny resemblance to Cookie Monster