SC for Ed data reports that there are over 1000 teacher vacancies in South Carolina.
Statement from SC for Ed
Here are this week’s vacancy numbers, which count all certified teaching vacancies posted by public school districts in SC. As always, these numbers reflect what districts have posted, and therefore we encourage you to follow up with individual districts for the most up-to-date numbers.
It is important to note that although these numbers include only classroom teaching vacancies, districts are posting large numbers of vacancies for custodial staff, bus drivers, nurses, counselors, and other staff. Please
use the links for each district vacancy page for more details.
It is also important to note that some districts are holding off on posting vacancies and hiring until they have more realistic counts of students in virtual, face-to-face, and hybrid programs, which will likely mean ongoing changes in staffing needs for the forseeable future. This is especially true of the many districts that have still not received approval, or which have recieved only condional approval, from Superintendent Spearman on their reopening plans.
- Greenville County Schools and Prisma Health Hosting Summer Vaccine Events
- Ways Schools can Improve Playground Safety
- SC DHEC Urges Parents to Vaccinate Children Against Covid-19
- Greenville Food Truck Calendar
- Important Homeschool Tips for Beginners
- Greenville’s Children’s Museum Celebrates America’s Heroes this May
- Greenville Drive Host Community Event Saturday Celebrating the Return of Baseball
- 2021 Park Hop Registration is Now Open!
- 3 Exciting Outdoor Adventures Activities To Do in Asheville, NC
- Take a Trip to the Beach … In Asheville, NC