Mookie Betts proved he should be the face of baseball in winning the World Series with Dodgers.
I can’t say with certainty that he’s MLB’s best player, but I can tell you this, I’d rather be Mookie Betts than any other player in baseball, and that includes Mike Trout.
Betts was at his best when it mattered most, and in watching him, it’s hard to believe there is anyone better. He makes plays in the field, on the bases, and at the plate.
And he does it with style, from his game, to his chain, to even his name. I keep hearing baseball purists complain about an over-reliance on the numbers, well Mookie’s got those too, but he passes the eye and math tests. All while capturing the imagination of fans in a way I haven’t seen from a player in a minute.
Sure, Trout might have the slight edge in Wins Above
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Man arrested after woman stabbed multiple times at SC Waffle House, deputies say
- South Carolina politicians, officials react to President Biden's inauguration, Trump presidency
- South Carolina's latest COVID-19 cases, deaths, percent positivity rate
- South Carolina Reports 3,567 New Cases as DHEC Gives COVID-19 Vaccine Update
- Lady Gaga, Jennifer Lopez and Garth Brooks perform at the inauguration
- Inaugural poet Amanda Gorman: 'Even as we grieved, we grew.'
- 'I'm just lost': Some seniors worry over lack of technology to make vaccination appointment
- Nation's first 'youth poet laureate' Amanda Gorman reads her poem at President Biden's inauguration
- Vice President Harris: A new chapter opens in US politics
- LIVE: Biden sworn in as America's 46th president, Harris becomes first female VP