Numerous MLB players expressed shock and anger at the controversial pitching move.
1. Fans, media members and random people across the world are always questioning moves made by a manager or coach. It’s not often, though, that a slew of players within a sport will publicly call out one of their own.
But Kevin Cash’s mind-boggling decision to pull Blake Snell in Game 6 of the World Series on Tuesday night after the starting pitcher had only given up one run on two hits while striking out nine on 73 pitches in 5 1/3 innings was so hard to believe that baseball players from all over came out firing on Twitter.
Here is a sampling:
We even had a solid conspiracy theory.
And, of course, Cash’s Wikipedia page got the obligatory update.
2. A brand-new SI Media Podcast dropped Wednesday morning, and it features a great conversation with ESPN’s Kirk Herbstreit. The college football
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Inaugural poet Amanda Gorman: 'Even as we grieved, we grew.'
- Vice President Harris: A new chapter opens in US politics
- LIVE: Biden sworn in as America's 46th president, Harris becomes first female VP
- Carolina prisons get first wave of COVID-19 vaccine doses
- US Surgeon General Jerome Adams asked to step down by Biden team
- ‘Tiger King’ Star Joe Exotic Expected Pardon From President Trump, Books Limo
- SCEL: No Tuesday winner, Mega Millions jackpot now up to $970 million
- The Latest: Biden calls on Americans to overcome divisions
- Read the letters outgoing presidents left for their successors in the Oval Office
- Colts quarterback Philip Rivers retires from NFL after 17 seasons