Players went off on MLB commissioner Rob Manfred after he said there were serious doubts about baseball being played in 2020.
1. Last week Major League Baseball commissioner Rob Manfred said, “unequivocally, we are going to play Major League Baseball this year.”
On Monday Manfred said, “I’m not confident. I think there’s real risk, and as long as there’s no dialogue, that real risk is going to continue.”
As soon as Manfred’s comments became public, players tweeted and subtweeted about Manfred, the current negotiations and the state of baseball.
There was some solid GIF usage and we tip our caps to those players.
2. I told you in Monday’s Traina Thoughts that ESPN’s documentary on Mark McGwire and Sammy Sosa, Long Gone Summer, was a complete waste of time. Reporter T.J. Quinn, who was one of the talking heads in the doc, posted a lengthy Twitter thread about steroids and the 1998 season. His
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Contractors You Need To Hire When Selling a Home
- Asheville Man in critical condition after shooting at home
- Deputies investigating possible murder-suicide in Rutherford Co.
- Prisma Health: Vaccine supply ‘extremely low,’ not taking walk-ins at Upstate vaccination sites star
- Regenesis launches 12 week COVID-19 initiative
- Greenville Co. missing man
- Bobby Pearse Community Center
- DHEC announces Vaccine help for South Carolina seniors
- DHEC: Latest on SC’s vaccine effort
- Firefighters: Traffic on E. Belvue Rd. detoured due to downed utility pole