Mike Pereira says Joe Torre stopped him from working MLB games on Fox
1. Fox loves its rules expert, Mike Pereira. Major League Baseball, not so much.
Pereira, who works NFL and college football games, would’ve added a third sport to his résumé if Fox had its way. However, then MLB chief baseball officer Joe Torre put the kibosh on the idea.
On a recent episode of the Papa and Lund podcast, Pereira revealed that years ago he was set to become an on-air rules expert for Fox’s MLB games, but Torre wouldn’t allow it.
“Not too long after I started, maybe three or four years after I started, the sport that was missing this role was baseball,” Pereira said. “So Fox, when they signed their new deal with baseball, asked me if I wanted to do baseball.
“They asked if I wanted to do it and go to umpire school to learn
Upstate News Headlines
- North Carolina Mountains May be Impacted by Major Winter Storm Next Week
- Upstate Uber driver discusses mask requirements
- Teen charged with felony DUI after crash killed passenger
- News Update from FOX Carolina
- Bond hearing for Justin Fowler
- Black Friday shopping at Haywood Mall
- Saturday College Football Free Pick: Pittsburgh vs. Clemson
- Clemson vs Pittsburgh 11/28/20 Free College Football Picks and Predictions CFB Tips
- Max’s Clemson take renders Finebaum ‘speechless’
- Pitt Football | 2020 Clemson Week | Alex Kessman