CHARLOTTE — During the first episode of the Panthers’ “Road to Restart” series last month, you probably noticed a machine that disinfects rooms with ultraviolet light.
It’s called a LightStrike Germ-Zapping Robot, a product from Xenex Disinfection Services. The machine is one of the ways the Panthers are attempting to keep their facility free of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19.
Usually, these LightStrike devices are used by hospital rooms to prevent hospital-acquired infections, such as staph or MRSA. According to Xenex, the robot emits bursts of intense, broad spectrum UV light that damages virus DNA in four ways and renders it useless.
“Our goal is to make this the safest facility and stadium that it can possibly be and that’s why we chose XENEX,” said Eddie Levins, director of security and infectious control officer for the Carolina Panthers and Bank of America
- How to watch the Thomas Davis, Greg Olsen retirement event
- 2021 ACC Tournament Basketball Preview: Picks and Predictions
- Monte Lee talks about Sunday’s game and series loss to Notre Dame
- Watch Thomas Davis and Greg Olsen meet with Carolina media for first time
- VMI Rallies To Eliminate Furman In Overtime, 91-90 At SOCON Tournament
- Clemson plan to have full attendance for Football!
- Pro Day schedule begins on Friday
- Watch Shaquille O’Neal Get Slammed Through a Table in Pro Wrestling Match
- Furman Takes the Court Saturday Night at SoCon Men’s Basketball Championship
- Greg Olsen joining Thomas Davis for dual retirement ceremony
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Will you get the third stimulus check? Here's how to know.
- SCHP: Driver injured after crashing into telephone pole on Geer Highway
- RNC maintains right to use former President Trump's name in fundraising
- S.C. Department of Consumer Affairs warns of COVID-19 vaccine scams
- ‘It was like trench warfare;’ Upstate doctor reflects on year of treating COVID-19 patients
- Disintegration Developer Shuts Down
- AAA Carolinas says gas prices continue to climb, most expensive since early 2019
- Rare meteorite that fell on UK driveway may contain 'ingredients for life'
- Associate Of Roger Stone Arrested On Charges Related To The Capitol Riot
- Driver plows through deadly South LA crash scene, hitting several people and LAPD officer