Amy Hammond likes to say she can navigate the waters of Lake Hartwell with her eyes closed.
“It’s what I know,” she said. “Actually, it’s all I know.”
Having been born and raised on the lake and having lived there ever since, Hammond’s familiarity with the area is useful during
Upstate News Headlines
- 'She just brought joy': Cake Lady helps wounded soldiers heal, one treat at a time
- 'It's good to be breathing on your own': COVID-19 survivor gets double lung transplant
- Videocast: Rain today, storms tomorrow
- 'We need you': GOP hunts for new voters in Trump territory
- Los Angeles Dodgers win 1st World Series title since 1988
- Los Angeles Dodgers win World Series for the first time since 1988, defeat Tampa Bay Rays in six games
- Dodgers Win Game 6 to Claim First World Series Title Since 1988
- World Series 2020 Game 6: Tampa Bay Rays v Los Angeles Dodgers – live!
- Egg-napping male penguin couple steals the nest of a female penguin couple
- Motorcyclist dies days after crash, trooper says