Alternative Philly trio Corey Flood have shared their last single “Down The Hill” ahead of their forthcoming album Hanging Garden, out Sept. 4 via Fire Talk Records. The single follows the releases of “Heaven Or” and “Honey.”
“The Hanging Gardens of Babylon are one of the Seven Wonders of the World,” says guitarist and vocalist Em Boltz. “I have a good friend who’s a life-long pen pal. I have a specific memory of one summer when we swam in the lake by their house. I wanted to encapsulate that moment I had and when I was sitting on their bed. The room had beautiful windows and the way the sunlight was shining through felt totally ethereal.”
Corey Flood draws inspiration for their own music from Throwing Muses, Helium, The Fall and Liz Phair, to name a few. “Down The Hill” is a mellow, dreamy song with Boltz’s vocals as its focal point.
Listen to “Down The Hill” below, and pre-order Hanging Garden here. Further down, revisit Corey Flood’s 2018 Daytrotter session.
Upstate News Headlines
- Los Angeles Dodgers win 1st World Series title since 1988
- Dodgers Win Game 6 to Claim First World Series Title Since 1988
- World Series 2020 Game 6: Tampa Bay Rays v Los Angeles Dodgers – live!
- Egg-napping male penguin couple steals the nest of a female penguin couple
- Motorcyclist dies days after crash, trooper says
- Firefighters responding to large fire in Sumter
- Hundreds attend rally to see Vice President Mike Pence in Greenville
- Pre-election voting surpasses half of all 2016 ballots cast with week left until Election Day
- Donald Trump's campaign investigating 'attack' on website
- New York Times: Tax records show Trump had over $270 million in debt forgiven after failing to repay lenders